CARE AND REPAIR SCHEME
Adapting your homeDisabled Facilities Grants - how to applyEquipment for use about the homeTrying, choosing and buying equipmentIndependent living if you are blind or visually impairedIndependent living if you are deaf or hearing impairedMoving house if you are disabled
Blackpool Care and Repair Agency provides a wide range of services to older and disabled residents in Blackpool, aimed at helping you to live independently in your own home in comfort, warmth and security.
We are a Home Improvement Agency (H.I.A.) and are committed to allowing you as much dignity, independence, choice and control over your lives as possible. We will listen to your issues and provide a detailed overview of our services allowing you to make informed decisions about your home and the services you want from us.
You may be eligible for help from Blackpool Care & Repair Agency if :
- You are over 60 years of age and living in your own home or renting in the private sector and in some cases council tenants can also benefit from some of our services.
- You are under 60 years of age, living in your own home and in receipt of Income Support/Employment Support Allowance AND Disability Living Allowance.
Blackpool Care & Repair Agency may be able to help you access financial assistance in the form of a small grant or loan to help you to solve your home repair problems (however, please be aware that there is a waiting list for this help and you would need to meet certain financial criteria).
If you do not qualify for grant or loan assistance we may still be able to help you in accessing other forms of financial help. We will visit you at your home to discuss your needs and advise you about your options. We will then guide you through all stages of the process until the work is completed providing support such as:
- Help to identify essential repairs, improvements or adaptations you need.
- Help with form filling for grant / loan / benevolent applications.
- Help in choosing a builder, obtaining estimates and organising any work.
- Ensuring the builder’s work is completed to satisfactory standards.
- Help to maximise your income through benefit checks, charitable sources and energy efficiency advice.
Care & Repair's other services - Disabled Facilities Grants, Handyperson, Security, Home & Health Inspection Service, Falls Prevention, Small Repairs, Energy Efficiency, Gardening, Sensory Support Services.
Please contact us if you would like further information about any of these service